If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, you may be anxious about the future. Parkinson’s is a serious degenerative brain condition that impedes motor skills, speech, and other functions. It creates rigidity of muscles and slows physical movement, meaning everyday tasks can become increasingly difficult or even impossible.
Managing Care supports Parkinson’s clients works across the spectrum of Parkinson’s progression. Whether you simply require regular care for medication prompts and meals, or are looking for a full-time, live-in carer, we can help.
Why opt for care at home?
When it comes to managing Parkinson’s, routine is everything. For example irregular medication consumption can be hazardous for sufferers, upsetting the balance of the brain and causing unpredictable symptoms, such as:
- Inability to speak, move, eat or swallow
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Disturbing psychosis symptoms.
With Managing Care, you will have a one on one relationship with an expert carer, in which your welfare will be their sole focus. And since inconsistency of surroundings and routine can create stress (which can be harmful for Parkinson’s sufferers), the stability of this relationship has further benefits. We can help with:
- Carefully monitoring your ups and downs day by day
- Supervising of medication intake
- Cooking, housekeeping and general errands
- Supporting and supervising you in performing tasks which you are able to do, but that are difficult
- Being on hand to liaise with any other helpful professionals as necessary, as well as giving regular wellbeing reports to family
- Providing a friendly face and a stable, consistent source of personal support
- Ensuring health and safety at home.
Our expert carers are specially trained in how to deal with Parkinson’s. We search out the most highly-qualified and dedicated staff, to walk hand-in-hand with you through those tasks that have become a challenge. From the outset, we will work with you and your family to create a unique care plan that maximises your independence in a safe way. Your life, best lived, is our priority.